Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crunch Time!

1 mile - 11:25
2 mile - 22:40 (fastest time yet)
3 mile - 34:43 (fastest time yet)

I did all of my runs outside last week to prepare for the Phillies 5k. I was wondering how my body would react to being back on the treadmill and man did I get my answer. No joke - I was a laser beam!

Since my run on Saturday, I have: a) not worked out at all, b) eaten food from Chickie and Pete's, a local Italian restaurant, McDonald's, Mikimoto's, and the cafeteria at my work, along with several incidences involving chocolate, and c) not had any motivation to continue my training.

This work out was exactly what I needed. My overall frustration with this whole thing is that I have not lost the weight I wanted, which was my number one goal. Prior to this weekend/week, I was eating a 1600 calorie diet and working out at least 3 times a week, so that lack of weight loss progress is hard to overlook. However, if I can keep having results like this, the motivation will be here to get me through April.

To hold myself accountable, I was supposed to do 4 miles today but a long trip to the DMV and a 9:00pm fantasy baseball draft I needed to be home for did not allow for the entire 4 miles. I did 3.5 miles in 41:24. Tomorrow will be cross-training at lunch, with 3 miles to follow on Friday and 6 miles on Saturday.

My motivation and diligence in getting in my workouts decreased when I stopped writing these blogs on a consistent basis, so more blogs will be forthright.

No comments:

Post a Comment